Thursday, July 21, 2011

the end and beginning o many sorts


I was very excited. Not because I was going to my dream college or something, but because I was going to a college, which was very impressive according to many sites that got redirected from “I am feeling lucky” when you google “Top 20 engineering colleges of India”. I was one of those kids, yeah, twelfth pass kids, who think they are extremely evolved and have decided presumed opinions about almost everything under the sun. I was pretty convinced I wanted to graduate in something fancy, something out of the league, something that would get eyebrows raised when I would answer their rhetoric question, “so what are you doing, Beta?”-nuclear engineering, a branch of engineering I knew practically nothing about, except that it was a comparatively new branch of engineering, and a certain college down in Chennai had recently started teaching it. Only after attending the counseling and looking at the stark reality of things was I redolent that it was impractical to pursue such far-fetched notions. So, after undergoing many kinds of tribulations which involved tiresome persuasions from my well-meaning parents, the celebrated college mentioned above was duly and respectfully chosen and I was sent there with a respectable sounding branch-electronics and communication engineering. And after some time, I was only too happy to advertise it; after all I was not unaware of the magnanimity of what I now had. So the bottom line is that, I was happy and I reached college being so.

No comments:

Post a Comment